Friday, July 28, 2006

I was taking some blog quizzes today, some funny, some stupid, some totally wrong ( I'm Barney from the Simpsons!? I'd take Ned Flanders over him!) and this one:
Your Linguistic Profile:
55% General American English
30% Yankee
5% Dixie
5% Upper Midwestern
0% Midwestern .

I think it's pretty true. I also learned that Maroon 5 shares my taste in music, and that I am the number 9.

On a different note...

"The weaker sex particularly need instruction, direction, counsel, comfort, and encouragement in the ways of the Lord. And some of them have also been found particularly serviceable in a social way, as succouring even the strongest believers of the other sex—Acts 18:26; Rom. 16:1-3. We therefore cannot approve of the way which some take, of making a separation of the men from the women in societies. It evidently appears to be contrary to God’s ordinance. The woman is, and has always been, safest in society with the man, both from the dangerous prevalence of Satan’s temptations, the power of error, and influence of seducing spirits, who have frequently made their most successful attacks on the weaker sex separated from the other—and led captive silly women. 2 Tim. 3:6"

I finished reading the Directory for Religious Societies today. I thought this quote was particularly applicable, to myself, first and foremost, and as a reminder for anyone else. I'm particularly prone to allow my conversation to drift, and then my thoughts follow. A good remedy for that is minlging with my husband, whose conversations tend to be more thought provoking. I don't want to seem stand-offish, but since I rarely see our church outside of the Lord's Day, it's easy to do. I need to start calling people on the phone or something, because defiling the Lord's Day just won't do. So if you catch me digressing from an appropriate focus, tell me! Encourage me in the right direction so I can take my own advice.

1 Comments:

At 9:59 PM, Blogger Holly said...

Thanks for the reminder. It's so easy to let our conversations wander on the Lord's day. Glad to see you writing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home