Friday, November 11, 2005

Mood: hungry, but I gotta wait my turn... lets hope Ethan isn't planning on another marathon feeding session.
Music: Iron and Wine: Naked As We Came

So Amy tagged me awhile ago but it's taken this long to come up with five things. I finally did it and here they are:

5 Things People Generally Don't Know About Me
1. I am addicted to Spider Solitare, but more than that, I don't actually like winning it. In fact, if it appears that I am about to beat it, I start a new game.
2. I have been to Nepal, Thailand, England, Iceland, Guatemala, and the Dominican Republic. Also the Philippines when I was a baby but I don't remember that.
3. I am a coffee snob; I dislike all coffees but Starbucks. My favorite drink is a grande regular coffee with a valencia flavor shot with lots of cream and some sugar. I would drink one every day if I could and I thought my heart could handle it.
4. My favorite scar is on the bottom of my foot. My sister and I were building a tree fort out of old used wood and we were trying to flatten the old nails rather than take them out since we had no tools. Also because of that we decided to use our feet instead of rocks or something less penetrable (can you see it coming?) Rachel and I both got a nail through the foot, but the cool thing was that it happened at the EXACT same time. That's why it's my favorite scar.
5. I played with Barbies until I was 11...ok I was 14, but that was an isolated incident! We pulled them out one day because we were REALLY bored...my dad took a picture for blackmail.

7 Comments:

At 4:04 AM, Blogger amy said...

haha, that nail-through-the-foot story is awesome.

I played with Barbies for a long time too (and yes, I secretly wish I still could sometimes ;) ).

I didn't know you'd done so much travelling! What's your favourite place that you've been to?

 
At 6:04 PM, Blogger Holly said...

Why did you travel so much? For work? It's too bad it was all when you were too young to remember. How are you and Ethan doing?

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger Hannah said...

lol Amy :D
I travelled to most of those countries when I was in high school for "missions" work. Some of it was labor, like building, and some of it was evangelism. I went to Guatemala for a school project with a medical mission here in NY. I helped in the clinic (they let me give vaccines to kids! but that's another story...) and also surveyed a bunch of women on their diets as a part of a study on nutrition.
It's hard to pick a favorite, they were all endearing in their own ways. Nepal stood out to me because of the scenary being at the foot of the Himalayas. I took a picture from the plane of Mt. Everest. It was also the first third world country I had been to and that's always a shock.
I would love to go back to Iceland. It is an absolutely beautiful country; Europe's best kept secret as they call it.

 
At 10:05 PM, Blogger Leah said...

I third the Barbies thing -- I really enjoyed my Barbies! Good times with the anorexic piece of plastic :D Very cool about all of your travels!

 
At 2:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hannah,
Thanks for your list of five things that aren't common knowledge! I found number one the funniest. My mom loves to play Solitare too, but she has a great determination to win. She writes down the number of the game once she has to go to bed so that she can work on it the next day. :P
My younger sisters (Rebecca and Lyd) really enjoy playing Barbies. But us older girls never did because Dad firmly believed the anorexic pieces of plastic (as Leah said) to be immodest .
You are so blessed to have had the opportunity to travel so wide before getting married. I would very much like to do that. --Sarah T :)

 
At 5:00 PM, Blogger Jody said...

Haha, great five things, I had no idea. Yeah, Barbies, not about to admit to the many things Dor and I did with ours, or at what ages. ;D My dad's rule for them, if he found them laying around without being fully clothed, was Barbie meet garbage.
Wow, very interesting about the travel. Thanks.

Hope you're feeling better :)

 
At 3:44 PM, Blogger Hannah said...

lol, all :D
phew! I feel better about barbies now that the confessions come out. :>

 

Post a Comment

<< Home