Friday, July 25, 2008

This post is a photo reminiscence of what I remember of my five years in Nova Scotia (and what I could find on the internet). I don't think anyone will appreciate it except my lovely prego sister; so this is for you Rachel!

Does it look exactly the same or what? Malagash Bible Camp is where we spent a week every summer and I think it's my favorite memory of Canada. There are more pictures at malagashbiblecamp.com. Everything is the same except they built a new tuck shop/art building. The cabins look just as small as I remember them, heh.


This is an obscure picture but I put it up because I remember that mushroom shaped fountain on the right being so fun.
The Ross House. A farm where visitors can make their own barrels, card wool, milk cows etc. to get a taste of farm life. I think we bought a barrel here that one of the workers demonstrated making.
Peggy's Cove.
The bridge to Oakfield Park, looking at Grand Lake. To the right is Fish Lake, which we used to live on, as did our best friends, the McNabs. In winter when the lake froze over we could walk across to go to their house.
This guy is at Laurie Park jumping into Grand Lake. (Do you remember that tree, Rachel? It looks familar). After swimming, Mr. McNab would break out the shampoo and wash up in the lake. We used to camp out in our van at the park and go get donairs for dinner.
The Inn on the Lake. Across the way is J and K's house (what's their last name?) where we swam a lot, rode on their motorboats and I remember mom making peanut butter popcorn for when we would go over there.
Our elementary school.
Where we would have gone to junior high, had we stayed in Canada. Our church held worship in the gymnasium and we had Kid's Club there on Tuesday nights.
Ooooh. Aaaaaah. Buskers.
Anne of Green Gables house in PEI. I have a picture taken here with Sarah Polley, the star of the TV show Road to Avonlea.
I always thought this guy was in Maine but he's actually in Oxford, NS: Blueberry capital of Canada.
Who knows what it is, but I remember playing on it.

The Public Gardens in Halifax.

Chicken and chocolate never tasted so good together.

1 Comments:

At 7:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful childhood...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home