Sunday, June 01, 2008

For anyone who has input I'd love your advice:

What kinds of things do you like to do with your kids on the Lord's Day?

I can only ask the catechism so many times, walks can be distracting, Lord's Day toys can get old week after week and there's also the limited attention span. I miss the long gone days where I could sit and read a deep book for hours until I actually understood it, rather than just the same sentence over and over again every time I pick up the book. I know I can't be selfish anymore because it's my job to cultivate a love for the Lord's Day and direct young minds toward what's appropriate. But there's such a limit on a two-year-old's capacity, you know? Or maybe I'm wrong and just haven't tried hard enough. Anyone have success here?

2 Comments:

At 2:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Hannah, tell Ed I said happy birthday!!!!!!!! :)
Great to see you posting! I'm sure it must be very difficult to find things for Ethan to do on the Lord's day, and I'm afraid I can't be much help in that as I haven't ever gone through that. I used to read a lot to my little brother on Lord's days, but I'm sure that's sometimes easier said than done, when caring for other little ones as well.

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger Hannah said...

Thanks Irene! I can't find your blog, can you email me the link sometime? Miss you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home