Saturday, October 31, 2009

At 10:59 on October 30th, 2009, Charles Edward Prevost "Charlie" was born. He was 9 lbs 3.5 ozs and 21.5 inches. He looks a lot like Noah (yes, Noah, not so much Ezra :) and has their same dark hair.
The midwife had stripped my membranes twice and still nothing happened so yesterday morning we went into the hospital to have my water broken, which finally started some contractions going. They did Pitocin augmentation, which was adding a small amount to help the contractions be more consistent. By 7 PM they were really intense and getting harder to endure. Around 10 PM I was so tired and hungry and getting really frustrated that I wanted to give up. I was about 8 cms though and feeling the need to push so I did and out he came!
Thanks for all your prayers, we certainly appreciate them :)

7 Comments:

At 7:50 PM, Blogger Manda said...

Congratulations again! You did good. He's a big 'un. I was worried sick and praying for you all day. God is so kind. I can't wait to see photos of him! I love his name. I wish I could be there to hold him and shoot him (;)). It's like we're breaking a tradition or something.

Please tell me they caved and gave you a little nibble of food? It's hard to labor when you want a steak. :)

 
At 8:16 PM, Blogger Kristie said...

Hey Superwoman!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Praise the Lord that hard labor is over for you!!!!! A huge congrats!!!! A precious little Charlie!!! I can't tell you how I LOVE LOVE LOVE the name Charlie. I'm sure he's as precious, sweet, and adorable as ever!!!! Sheesh, you poor girl, all that time without nourishment!!!! Well, blessed mother, you have excelled and exceeded through the strength of God. What a wonderful testimony you are. Well, our family is ecstatic to hear the wonderful news!!!!! Blessings to you, Ed, and your wonderful boys!!!
All our love!!!!

 
At 8:23 PM, Blogger Leah said...

Big congratulations to all of you! So thankful to hear that it all went well. I'll keep you guys in prayer.

 
At 11:08 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Congratulations to you both! The Lord is so good. We rejoice and give thanks to our merciful Father for protecting both you and Charlie. We love you all so much and look forward to seeing your new little man. The Lord bless you!!

 
At 5:30 PM, Blogger Lauren said...

Congrats Hannah! Blessings on your wonderful family!

Love,
Lauren McFarland Ogren

 
At 1:54 AM, Blogger worstedoptimist said...

Praise the Lord!!! Congratulations! Love you so much! Still in my prayers!

 
At 1:01 PM, Blogger Jody said...

Hey Hannah, congratulations to all of you! I'm so glad to hear that all ended well. God bless you guys. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home