Wednesday, October 28, 2009

No, I haven't had the baby.
Yes, I will tell you when I do.

:)

The hospital was willing to let me go two weeks before they would "force" a C-section. Induction was not an option for me because it's a VBAC, and I don't think I would have opted for Pitocin anyhow. If the baby was breech when I went into labor I would be destined to a C-section as well, since they generally don't do external versions to turn the baby on VBACs. Yikes! but okay, we'll just be praying that it's head down when it comes to that.

On Monday we had an ultrasound (No, we still don't know what we're having) and the baby was very uncooperative: sitting upright, looking up at me in a transverse position. I felt like scheduling a section right there and getting it over with but I'm trying to be reasonable and patient.

Today at the check-up my patience was rewarded with a head down baby! The midwife stripped my membranes and is going to try again tomorrow if nothing has happened by then. If by Friday there's still nothing, then she'll break my waters and try a small amount of pitocin to move things along before they send me straight to the OR. That is if the baby is still head down! Apparently there's lots of room to swim around in there.

4 Comments:

At 7:30 PM, Blogger Aunt Lisa said...

I had wondered! Will continue to pray for you and this little swimmer and I'm sure I'll hear from Rachel when the blessed event arrives :)
Love you!

 
At 10:53 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Praying for you and your babes. So happy to hear baby is head down...thanks for the update! Love you!!

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger Manda said...

Yay! Stay there, baby! We're praying for you, Hannah. I'm so glad Bekah could come help you. That girl is a gem.

 
At 9:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww.... We're praying for you! It's tough being overdue! At least with the ultrasound you know that you're having a *single* blessing and know how to prepare in that way. ;)

-
kathryn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home