Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Meet my nephew Elliott Tully Jordan:He's not a morning person. But he's quite happy with his mama. Don't you just want to pinch his cheeks off?
The twins' first birthday cakes.

Ethan's third birthday cake.
For more party pictures check out our family photo album.

I miss my family already. It was so good to see them and the week went by waaaay too fast, as it always does. Dad and Rachel and Tully came on Sunday night. Dad's parents from Arkansas finally arrived Wednesday after being delayed by snow. Wednesday night was the party, with almost all of our close family members in attendance. The house was crowded for a few days but it was nice to get everyone together. I wish we had been able to do more sightseeing or something with them but it's hard coordinating with different interests and schedules, especially since Dad and Rachel had other people they wanted to see while they were up here. In the end we just stayed home most of the week and visited. Everyone left Friday morning and we spent the rest of the day vegging and catching up on sleep.

On Saturday, Ed, the boys and I went to visit the Onrust, a ship Ed's coworker has been working on in his spare time. It was pretty cool to see, especially since the orginal ship was built in something like 4 months. I have a lot of respect for them, and for the people making it today after seeing all that goes into it.

Now I'm trying to get back into the groove of everyday life. It seems a little dull, but I guess that's a good thing. I overshot the food requirements of cooking for 9 people. Now I have a ton of food leftover, particularly ricotta cheese. I've already made two lasagnas (one in the freezer), so we're pretty tired of it. Anyone know something else good to make with ricotta? Maybe ravioli?

5 Comments:

At 6:01 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Hannah,
So happy to hear you had a wonderful time with you family. Your nephew is just adorable. Thanks for the update and I have no idea what to do with ricotta besides lasagna; not terribly creative with food. ;)
Love ya,
Jen

 
At 10:44 PM, Blogger Hannah said...

Hahahaha Jen...it's good to hear from you too! I so hope we can visit this weekend and I have to remember your mug, or else I'll have to come to Idaho to give it back to you (oh no!)

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger amy said...

I often put ricotta right into into homemade tomato sauce as a thickener, and also to give it a nice cheesy smoothness. I know people also use it in homemade cheesecake. I've never done it, but I've heard it's extremely tasty. :) And yeah, ricotta ravioli sure would be yummy! I would try, like, chicken, ricotta, and spinach or something. I bet that would be awesome.

What a cutie your nephew is! :) And awesome birthday cakes - I like how you made little ones for the twins. :) Glad to hear you had a nice time with family. It's always good to have family visit.

 
At 7:31 PM, Blogger Hannah said...

Cheesecake! Very interesting, though I don't think I'm brave enough to try it. Putting it in sauce is a really good idea. I think I've decided on Squash Gnocchi since I have like a million acorn squash laying around. That's for dinner tomorrow so I'll let you all know how it goes.

 
At 11:28 PM, Blogger amy said...

Yum, that sounds so delicious! Are you using a recipe? Don't be surprised if I show up for dinner tomorrow. :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home