Friday, November 14, 2008


Last Friday my dinner plan was Roasted Sage Chicken, Steamed Cauliflower and Squash Gnocchi Dumplings. Sounds delicious, eh? I was looking forward to it; it's always fun to try something new for dinner. We tend to eat the same thing over and over, and though it's simple, it's boring. If you've never had gnocchi it's a little, lump-like pasta or dumpling. I've seen it made on a cooking show and I've had it at an Italian restaurant before. However what I made was nothing like what I thought it should taste like. In fact it was so gross that I gave up before I finished boiling them all and threw the rest of the batter out. I felt so bad because I hate wasting food like that but I knew that if I didn't even like it, there was no way anyone else in the house would eat it. I should have gone with the Ricotta Cheesecake!
Fortunately I still had ricotta cheese left and so I stuck with using it for something I knew would be good: Pasta Sauce (thanks Amy!) It turned out great and we ate it for dinner twice this week, for lunch yesterday and I put the last of it on our pizza for dinner today! I wasn't kidding when I said we had a lot of ricotta!

2 Comments:

At 7:04 PM, Blogger amy said...

Aww, I'm sorry the gnocchi didn't work out! That can be such a disappointment!! The other day, I stuffed and roasted a chicken and made really awesome gravy and everything...took a while to do, you know? And so we eat, and I'm thinking, Man what a great meal! I love stuffing, and I mean, it was really tasty if I do say so myself. And then partway through dinner I find out neither Nick or Tris care for stuffing. :| I actually started crying. hahaha It was totally pregnancy hormones because I've never cried about something that stupid, but it really is a disappointment when you put so much thought and effort into dinner and it doesn't work out (or no one likes it)!

Anyway, I'm glad the pasta sauce was good!! :) I saw another neat idea for using ricotta the other day and thought of you, but now I can't remember what it was. :D If you have any really good recipes in general, you should post them! I'm always looking for new ideas because I feel like we're eating the same thing all the time too. :D

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger worstedoptimist said...

Aw that's a bummer. Haha, I hate it when that happens!
It was so fun seeing you and the babies last night! Hope to see you in person soon! :> We miss you guys terribly!! And of course, are praying God will make a way for you to be here. =D
Love you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home