Thursday, September 16, 2004

I must apoligize to those whom I have offended in my careless remarks. I had no idea that they would be taken as an affront to the people whom I care for, or the profession itself. Please understand me: I do not direct any "disrespect" in using such terminology to the patients themselves, and would certainly never refer to my job in such a way in front of them; neither do I intend those words to be disrespectful, only humorous. Regardless, that does not negate that fact that I do refer to NAs as such, even though I was only attempting to make light of a sometimes difficult job. I do have a very high regard for those in and out of the church who do this job much better than I, more patiently and graciously. Even though I may have a hard time with it, and maybe deal with it too flippantly; it is not appropriate to give any appearence of evil in my attitude. I will be more wary of how I portray my feelings towards my job, especially in such an impersonal way as the internet, where my true attitude may come across askew. Again I apoligize for my rudeness and impropriety, and I appreciate your loving rebuke and encouraging thoughts. I will seek to be more content with the calling that God has given me at this time and remember that I am not serving mere man, but the Son of man.



In regards to the other comments; no, im moving farther from albany, more towards where the Prices live, about 5 minutes from where i am now. and the dresses run a large range on pricing. starting out, im charging a bit less that what the competition charges, but hope to charge more as i gain more experience and have better quality. just to give you an idea though, a skirt would probably be between $30-60 (USD) and a dress $50-80, depending on the detail of the patches, pockets, applique, etc.

thanks for your support! i hope i will find time to bang out a ton of clothing so we can ge tthe site up and going.
keep checking: www.oathofstitches.com

5 Comments:

At 2:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're cute

 
At 1:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Hannah.. how are you sis? :) Just wanted to comment, here. I think it showed a lovely attitude and a lot of humility for you to apologize, here. Never easy to do. It's also hard sometimes to know whether other people will take humour the wrong way.
I started nursing school this week, and the first thing my teachers emphasized, re-emphasized and re-emphasized again, was that they never ever wanted to hear us refer to Nursing Attending with certain words. The reason is that it's a beautiful job.... and the best ways to describe it, are that you are the "care-givers", the people who bring smiles, who ease loneliness, who soothe pain with a gentle touch, who talk to people, who make them comfortable and show love to them through your hands, voice, words, expressions. I think the biggest thing to keep in your mind is that whether or not you feel you've been called to continue in this profession --- you should be proud of the time you've spent there, sis, because it's a good and honourable one. :)
Anyway..... I think it's an interesting question, and one that bears a lot of consideration! Thanks again for your humility in this, it's truly a lovely example of your character.
Write me sometime k? ;) I miss you guys.
~~Irene

 
At 1:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S. Aww, Hannah, I just saw your dress (on your photo album) :D That's so cute!!!! Why are you selling it?? lol It looks so pretty on YOU! ;)

 
At 1:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, too, appreciate the spirit of humility and repentance with which you wrote this message. It is greatly appreciate and warmly received. Thank you....Ginny

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger Leah said...

Hey Hannah....your humility and sincerity are most admirable; and no I didn't take your vernacular as a personal affront, my comments simply arose from various musings and conversations on the topic. May the Lord bless you in all your endeavours. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home